Site Meter

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reading 2010 So Far

It’s been a while since I posted a list of the books I have read.

In fact, it's been a while since I have posted anything. The situation that prompted my Amen or Oh Me post has been dominating my thoughts for several weeks. On that situation I have finally settled on Oh Me!

Now for books. As you know, I read a variety of books. I am not a speed reader, but I am a persistent reader. I read every weekday morning during my quiet time. I read on the "cardio days" at the gym while riding the stationary bike. And, I read every night before I go to sleep.

I wasn’t always a reader. I think I caught the reading bug as a student at Austin College. There was a ton of required reading, but I also found myself wanting to dig deeper into the subjects and began reading beyond the requirements. And of course now, I read for a living!

Here’s what I have read so far.

More accurately, this is what I have finished so far this year. In accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, I only record a book as read when it is completed. Some books, like Theodore Rex are multiple month endeavors. Some are multiple year endeavors!

I highly recommend the books that are italicized and bold-faced. Beware: Theodore Rex will require a long march, but it is well worth it. Theodore Roosevelt emerged from that book as my favorite presidential leader!

Books 2010

January
1. Crazy Love, Frances Chan
2. Derailed, Tim Irwin
3. Primal: A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity, Mark Batterson
4. Just Walk Across the Room, Bill Hybels
5. Finally in the Land, John MacArthur
6. Lifetime Guarantee, Bill Gillham

February
1. Fascinating Lives of Forgotten Saints, Chuck Swindoll
2. Prophets, Priests, and Kings: The Lives of Samuel and Saul, John MacArthur
3. Theodore Rex, Edmund Morris
4. Holy Ambition, Chip Ingrum
5. Leadership: Influence that Inspires, Chuck Swindoll

No comments: