Site Meter

Monday, April 12, 2010

ROAD TRIP!

I wish I was in Austin
In the Chili Parlor Bar
Drinkin' Mad Dog Margaritas
And not carin' where you are

For several years now I have wanted to experience this line from Guy Clark’s Dublin Blues.

Well …

Saturday afternoon Jennifer, Jordan and I drove to Austin to deliver on their birthday present: we had tickets to the Elton John concert Saturday night!

Before the concert we met our friend Nicci for dinner.

Then we drove over to the Erwin center and encountered a huge traffic and parking jam. Fortunately, my dear “Old Friend” Rick provided complementary parking at his facility on San Jacinto. Thanks Rick!

Seeing Elton John was at the top of Jordan’s Bucket List. So, we bought these tickets for her and Jennifer as their birthday present in March. I am not sure I have ever seen so much anticipation and excitement in my life. And when Elton came on stage Saturday night, I was seriously worried for the health and safety of all the people sitting around us!

All the anticipation was well worth it. This concert was by far the greatest live performance I have ever seen. For right at 3 hours, Elton played his guts out. The band actually took a couple of breaks, but he played on. A tremendous performance by a truly gifted artist!

And after the concert ... we went to the Chili Parlor Bar and drank a Mad Dog Margarita!

" A good idea at the time; I won’t be doing that again," but I will sing that line from Guy’s song with special affection from now on.

1 comment:

KirkKrew said...

One of the greatest road trips ever! Thanks for driving Miss Jordy and Miss Jenny! Love you!