Site Meter

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In Need of Resurrection

I have to confess that I stumbled into last week like a marathon runner stumbling across the finish line.


(OK, so I have never run a marathon...but I did stumble across the finish line of the Cowtown 10K - twice!)


I was depleted. As with so many activities, I don't realize the amount of physical and emotional energy I am expending while I am doing it. But the week before I had poured myself out and didn't realize until Monday that I was running on empty. I was experiencing what our pastor has labeled a "holy hangover."


I was so glad we had the C3 (Creative Church Conference) scheduled for last week. We also had C3 nights, which meant I did not have to prep and deliver talks for the classes I am currently teaching at Fellowship Church on Wednesdays and Thursdays.


The C3 has been my annual pep rally for the last several years. But, this year I needed more than a pep rally. I needed a full blown revival, or as one of my favorite worship songs says: "Here I am, in need of resurrection."


For me the highlight of the C3 Conference the last three years has been getting to hear Bishop T.D. Jakes from The Potter's House. He was again the highlight for me; but, this year his message seemed to be aimed right at me. His message was titled "Let It Flow!"

There were several great points that he made, but the most appropriate for me were these:


  • "If we will use what we've got, God will replenish it: LET IT FLOW!"
  • "We understimate the supplier. We need to take the limits off of God."
  • "We hold on to what we should be pouring out."

I needed to hear that because when I am depleted, my natural reaction is to say that I am not going to do that again...I am going to hold back.

But God said to me Friday night: "Don't hold back what I have put in you. Don't hold back what you should be pouring out. If you will use what you've got, I will take care of building your capacity. If you pour it out, I will replenish you."

And He did!

No comments: