Site Meter

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Books of July

Just in case you're keeping score, the 2009 book list now has 51 completed books.

The most pleasant surprise this month was The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes. I rate that one a close second to The Help as the best summer reading so far.

I don't have a reading agenda for August.

Do you have any suggestions?

Here's the list from July:

Sleepwalking Through History: America in the Reagan Years, Haynes Johnson

Beyond Megachurch Myths: What We Can Learn from America’s Largest Churches, Scott Thuman and Dave Travis

The Perfect Leader: Practicing the Leadership Traits of God, Kenneth Boa

Handle With Care, Jody Picoult

When Men Think Private Thoughts, Gordon MacDonald

The Big Rich: The Rise and Fall of the Greatest Texas Oil Fortunes, Bryan Burrough

Creative Suffering, Paul Tournier

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes, Diane Chamberlain

2 comments:

KirkKrew said...

I'm so glad you likec CeeCee Wilkes. I loved it and hoped you would too!

Janelle said...

I can't decide which book I liked better!!!

THEY WERE BOTH FANTASTIC!! :)