Site Meter

Friday, August 14, 2009

We Ain't Been Everywhere ... Yet

As long as they want us we’ll keep coming back
Yeah, we ain’t been everywhere, but we’re trying to get there
Just let us tune up and we’ll throw down a set
Book us a room, we’ll be in your town soon
Cause we ain’t been everywhere … yet”


Those lines are from Verlon Thompson's song Everywhere ...Yet .
He somehow managed to make all of the places he has been with Guy Clark rhyme. I am not that good at poetry, but this song inspired me to think about all of the places I have been. All of the places I have "tuned up and thrown down a set" of research presentations or leadership development workshops.

When I decided to change careers in 1994, I never thought I would have the opportunity to travel. Laura and I were always jealous of our friends who got to go to all these neat places for business trips and conventions. But 15 years later we have been blessed to travel to lots of really neat places … and most of it on someone else’s dime!

As we were coming into Chicago’s O Hare Airport last Thursday, I looked at the maps in the back of the American Way magazine. I made a mental checklist of all of the places we have visited. Even if it doesn't rhyme, its quite a list!

So here’s the list of destinations we have visited:

New York - Boston - Ashville, NC
Charleston, SC - Washington, DC - Richmond, VA
Orlando - Tampa - New Orleans
Atlanta - Chicago - Memphis
San Antonio - Hobbs, NM - Austin
Kansas City, MO - Denver - Phoenix
Seattle - San Francisco - San Jose
Houston -San Diego - Honolulu
Lake Tahoe, NV - Philadelphia - Anaheim, CA
Salt Lake City - Las Vegas - Santa Fe
Houston - Brownfield, TX - Lake Charles, LA

Toronto and Vancouver, Canada
Sao Paulo and Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Helsinki, Finland
Zurich and Basel, Switzerland
Paris, France
London, England
Edinborough, Scotland

Before this I thought international travel was going to Oklahoma!

So ... "Book us a room, we’ll be in your town soon
Cause we ain’t been everywhere … yet”


No comments: