Site Meter

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Proverbs 31 Woman

31 years ago today I stood in the Marsh living room and exchanged wedding vows with Laura. It was a small, informal ceremony, but all the people who had been significant in my life up to that time were there.

I was nervous. In fact I was sweating so bad that I went outside to cool off. Laura’s dad came outside with me. I have always wondered if he thought I might be bolting at the last minute.

I didn’t bolt. And 31 years later I can say I would do it all over again!

What a wonderful life we have had together. And it just keeps getting better and better!

If you have been around us, you know that I often praise Laura and refer to her as “My Proverbs 31 Woman.”

Just in case you aren’t familiar with that concept, here’s some of the passage I am referring to:

10An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.

11The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.

12She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.

25Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.

26She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

28Her children (and now her grand-children!) rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
29"Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all."


An excellent wife, who can find?
I thank the Lord that I did.

1 comment:

KirkKrew said...

I'm so thankful that you didn't bolt!!! But, I would never have thought taht you would. You are a wonderful husband, a fantastic father and the BEST Pops around! I love you and am so proud to be your daughter!!!