Site Meter

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Moral Mindset

“You came here with a mindful of mush, and if you survive,
you will leave her thinking like a LEADER!”


Those who lead always have people who are dependent upon them. The greater the dependency, the more power a leader has. So, a central question for those who lead is:

How will you handle the dependency of your followers?

Leaders must develop an acute sensitivity to the moral responsibilities inherent in their role.

Recently I had a conversation with a high-potential leader. We were discussing the power inherent in the leadership role. He told me “It scares me to death that I might be in a role where people will do what I ask simply because of my role.”

I responded by saying: “Stay scared.”

As long as leaders are sensitive to the power inherent in their position and realize their own potential to abuse that power, they will be on the right path.

It’s when we lose that perspective that we start down the road of unethical leadership.

So, stay scared.

No comments: