Site Meter

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Legacy Season

I have been teaching a lot of Legacy stuff this spring, so I decided to label the Spring of 2009 “Legacy Season.”

In January we kicked off a new class at Fellowship Church called A Marriage That Lasts. The foundation for the course was a book called Legacy Now. Throughout that class we focused on the idea of legacy. We examined how our legacy past has impacted who we are today. Then, we focused on the fact that how we live today – legacy now – will determine our future legacy.

In January we also kicked off a new format for investing in men that we call influence groups. The curriculum for that 6 week series was the Legacy Leadership material I have been developing.

That was a great assignment because my major sabbatical project is to convert the Legacy Leadership workshop into a book. As an extrovert, I have to talk in order to think. And I am discovering that in order to write, I have to teach. So teaching through the material again has helped me clarify my thinking as I write.

Last week, Janelle arranged for me to come to Hardin-Simmons to deliver a guest lecture in her Business Ethics class. I talked about Legacy Leadership.

And yesterday, Jennifer invited me to speak at the Bell High School Career Day. I delivered 3 sessions of talks about … Legacy Leadership.

So it has been a Legacy Season!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

You did so awesome Daddy!! I am SO POROUD to be your daughter!! People come up to me every day and tell me how much they enjoyed your lecture.

Proud to be a Whittington!!

I LOVE YOU!!