Site Meter

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Date Week TRUMPED!

Just when I think I have done a great thing with the Valentine Tree and Date Week. I get trumped!
And to make it worse, I was trumped by my own son!

On Saturday night, Justin asked Shannon to marry him. And she said YES!

We were actually in on the surprise. We lined the halls of our house with purple rose peddles and lit candles to light the path to the dining room. Justin’s sister made a sign asking the question, there was a bouquet of purple flowers, (Shannon’s favorite color is purple) and the engagement ring was on a pedestal.

While we were at church on Saturday night, Justin came by the house to “pick up some mail.”

We are so excited! I have never seen Justin smiling so brightly. In fact, he even said his cheeks were hurting from smiling so much. We’re all smiling too!

I always wanted four daughters. It took a while, but I am getting my wish.

No comments: