Site Meter

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Legacy Logic Part 2

Each of us has had people who have invested deeply in our lives, in much the same way that Paul and his team invested in the Thessalonians. Just as Paul and his team put their stamp on the Thessalonians, we have had people who left their mark on us.

My list includes parents, teachers, coaches, professors, mentors, and my wife. Each of these people have invested deeply in me. I have tried to thank them in every way I can: in person, in notes and letters. Yet, every effort to thank them seems inadequate.

So I have decided that the best way to thank them is to be to others what they were to me. The best way to pay those who invested in me back is to pay it forward by investing in others.

Like the Thessalonians, we need to find models who are worthy of imitation. As we imitate them, we will then become an example for others to imitate. And as they imitate us, they become examples for others to follow. By doing so, they will perpetuate the process I call Legacy Logic.

I encourage you to express your gratitude to those who have invested in you. But if you’re like me, the best way to thank them is to pay it forward by investing in others.

• Consider the significant influences in your life. Who are the leaders you have been most influenced by?

• Thank God for placing them in your life.

• How could you thank that person?

• Send them a card or a letter thanking them.

• Schedule a lunch or dinner with them to thank them personally.

• Practice Legacy Logic: Now, … Pay it forward.

No comments: