Site Meter

Saturday, May 16, 2009

April's Reading

During April, I went on a binge of sorts. I re-read Gordon MacDonald's classic Ordering Your Private World. I had planned to use that book in a class I was scheduled to teach this summer on "Spirituality and Leadership." When I finished that book, I decided to re-read some of his other stuff. All of which would have been very helpful in the Spirituality and Leadership course - but the course didn't make. So, now I am all prepped up and don't have a place to teach that stuff. Be careful - I might unload all of it on you if you ask the right (or wrong) question.

The binge of sorts was offset by a fast of sorts. As you have probably figured out by now, I have a book fetish. I buy books all the time. Last year I spent almost $200 a month on books. So, in March and April I went on a book-buying fast. I bought no books for two months! Serious withdrawals ensued; but, I am better now. Thanks for asking.

I also read some books in preparation for a class I will be team-teaching at Fellowship Church starting next week. Its a class on teaching. I have never taken a class on teaching, and now I am teaching a class on teaching. I am looking forward to what I will learn about teaching while teaching a class on teaching.

So here's the list of books that I read in April:

The Big Idea: Focus the Message, Multiply the Impact, Dave Ferguson

Ordering Your Private World, Gordon MacDonald

Restoring Your Spiritual Passion, Gordon MacDonald

Teaching to Change Lives, Howard Hendricks

Death by Love: Letters from the Cross, Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears

The Power of Multi-sensory Preaching and Teaching: Increase Attention, Comprehension, and Retention, Rick Blackwood

Mid-Course Correction, Gordon MacDonald

No comments: